A Proven History of Laser Science:
Clear + Brilliant was developed by Solta Medical – the pioneers of fractional laser treatments with a proven history of nearly a million treatments. The Clear + Brilliant system is designed to deliver powerfully precise laser energy to stimulate a refreshing boost that only Clear + Brilliant can deliver.
Focused. Precise. Gentle.
Clear + Brilliant was not only designed to be effective, but to deliver unparalleled patient comfort and safety also. The system includes smart-tip technology and an advanced precision energy delivery system – ensuring consistent results with little or no social downtime.
Our Commitment to Safety
Clear + Brilliant is safe for all skin types but some side effects may occur. Your treatment provider will perform a pre-treatment consultation and decide with you if Clear + Brilliant is the right choice for you. Read More about Clear + Brilliant safety.
The Clear + Brilliant Laser System is indicated for use in aesthetic procedures requiring the coagulation of soft tissue, as well as for general skin resurfacing procedures.
In the skin, water is the primary absorber (chromophore) of the laser wavelengths used by Clear + Brilliant. It can be safely used on all skin types.
Clear + Brilliant includes an Intelligent Optical Tracking™ System (IOTS) that senses skin contact with the treatment tip rollers, and the motion of the tip relative to the skin surface. This feature ensures safety and uniform treatment delivery.
Your treatment provider will perform a pre-treatment consultation and decide, together with you, if Clear + Brilliant is adequate for you and your unique treatment needs.
Not all individuals will necessarily react the same way to the laser treatment.
The following (but not limited to) contraindications are routine for many laser treatments and may also be associated with Clear + Brilliant. Your provider will perform a pre-screening and request you to sign a consent including these (but not limited to) contraindications:
- diagnosis / possibility of actinic keratosis, melasma, rosacea, or other significant skin conditions (e.g. skin cancer, active infections, cold sores, open wounds, rashes, burns, inflammation, eczema, psoriasis),
- predisposition to keloid formation or excessive scarring,
- diagnosis of a condition that may compromise the immune system, such as HIV, lupus, scleroderma, and/or systemic infections,
- known sensitivity to light or if photosensitizing agents/medications are being taken,
- systemic steroids (e.g. prednisone, dexamethasone), which should be rigorously avoided prior to and throughout the course of treatment,
- use of retinoids should be avoided for at least 2 weeks prior to and during treatment,
- individuals undergoing Isotretinoin (i.e. Accutane® *) treatment or with drugs in a similar class,
- if skin is still recovering from a cosmetic procedure, such as a chemical or mechanical peel, or laser resurfacing,
- if Botox injections, or dermal fillers (such as collagen) have occurred within the past 2 weeks.
Solta Medical Inc. has no clinical information or experience concerning the use of Clear + Brilliant on pregnant women or nursing mothers.
*Accutane brand no longer available.
For treatments associated with Clear + Brilliant, new skin (epithelium) will start to form within 24 hours but will remain covered by the old superficial layer of the skin (stratum corneum). This new skin formation usually lasts about 4 days, but can be longer for some skin types. During that time, the skin's natural exfoliation process will reveal the newly repaired skin tissue. You can protect it by avoiding aggressive mechanical exfoliation and by applying moisturizers and sunscreen frequently.
Sun exposure before and during treatment can increase the risk of unwanted pigmentation. After treatment the skin is more sensitive to the sun, which can increase the risk of unwanted pigmentation and sunburn. Post-treatment, individuals should plan to use a high SPF sunscreen on a regular basis. Ideally, a dual UVA/UVB sunscreen should be applied containing a physical sun block (either or both zinc oxide or titanium dioxide) with a sun protection factor of 15 or above. Applying sunscreen helps maintain good results. In general, direct sunlight avoidance is highly recommended as well as wearing sun-protective clothing (i.e. a wide-brimmed hat) whenever possible.
Most skin care products can be used the day after treatment. Avoid the use of retinoids and topical corticosteroids for 1 – 2 weeks before and after treatment. Avoid systemic steroids (i.e., prednisone, dexamethasone) throughout the course of the Clear + Brilliant treatment.